Water Gypsies at Tiny Bronco Productions

I'm a little behind on my posts here, but things are in the works. I just started another part-time job at a graphic/screenprint studio in Oroville, Epic Grphics. I just started, so there's not much else to say about that yet.

Here is a submission for a possible internship down in Sacramento. I found the job posting for this on Craigslist and promptly heard a reply. In the email they stated that they had "over a hundred responses from graphic artists in the first week... as a process of screening we ask that you please use the following task to create a sample work of art." Cool! I haven't had this happen yet but I'm sure it wont be the last. Here is the description they gave:

"Task: Create a single creature that matches the text description provided, and can be used as a template for variant creations.
File Type: Scalable Vector Image or Adobe Photoshop Document.
Description: The water gypsies are a race of sentient creatures that dwell in all types and bodies of water. These creatures are defined by their reed like forms and graceful movement. These creatures are humanoid in form, however their skin is exceptionally smooth and fluidic."

Descriptive yet very subjective. To me the idea of "fluidic" and "reed like" made me think of the fields of reeds that grow in lakes and rivers. I thought of how the reeds flow when a gust of wind hits it. Fluidic? I say yes, so I decided to go with a slender creature that is swimming in the depths of the **fill-in-the-blank** lake!



Lake *** Water Gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment