Another Scarecrow arrives

Hey, Hey, two in one day! That's gotta make up for the lack of posts in some cosmic way... right?

Here at Metagraphics I am still working on the Green Trees Scarecrow designs and things are progressing well (Our clients are very happy, so that makes me happy!). At our last meeting with Matt and Jason we decided to push forward with a new idea that we were thinking about. At our prior meeting Jason mentioned that he'd like to see an image of the "classic scarecrow on the cross (but) not make look religious." None of us were sure how it would look but I definitely liked the challenge.

I took the idea of the scarecrow being a playful yet proud gardener as I developed him throughout the drawings. I also though about the amount of work and time he'd put in. There is a lot involved, cultivating their soil, plotting, planting, watering, trimming... a lot of care goes into making a successful garden. With these ideas in mind I thought what would a person proud of their accomplishment do? Kick back, look at all their hard work and enjoy the fruits of lobar. Below is the resulting sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment