Digital Tutors "My Toy" + update

Hey all, just a little update and then some fun. I'm staying busy here at Metagraphics, finished the initial design of the website but it wont be up for quite a while. Ian is working on content and I'm learning more new things! To see the newly designed identity I worked on click on the link here. Also on the web front, I was scouring the internet yesterday looking for low class username/password protection scripts to be integrated into our client section of the website. I found a lot of really neat Javascript applications that were cool but were very amateur in nature. Very little design to it and not very user friendly. So, that is what sparked my interest today in teaching myself some Java programing. I've had an interest in Java for a long time but never had the time to learn. I've only been working here for two months now but its like an open canvas for exploration and growth. Ian has a great understanding of how my growth and learning will benefit him and the company as well. I couldn't be happier.
For anyone interested I am using BlueJ as my learning platform in Java and hope to have something more than "Hello World" programed by the end of today.


And now for the fun news. I am a subscriber to Digital Tutors, an online learning platform for anything digital. I recently received an email from them congratulating the last months contest winner and announcing the new contest for July. With interest peeked I went over, read the rules for the "My Toy Contest" and signed up! I'm really excited because its been a while since I've done any 3D. This seemed like the perfect opportunity for me to get my hands wet again and model something I've had on my mind for a while. I didn't read my email till last week so I am coming in late to the contest and only have two weeks to complete this. Sally has been great too, shes been encouraging me and keeping me on track so I think things are coming along well. Here are a few images for your viewing pleasure. The first, concept drawings and the second is my modeling progress thus far. (I'm kinda diggin' this speed modeling.)



No comments:

Post a Comment