Blogg-ity Blog Blog

Alright! Here we are, a new beginning with a new blogg. My goal here is to keep a journal of sorts and keep me on track with my art. I wont be adding art here every day, not yet at least, but I am in the hopes that this will help guide me in that direction.

To start off I am posting some of my new sketches for a PC game I and 20 other people are collaborating on. You can visit our Wiki or the forums to see the progress at any point. No title as of yet or solid story, we're still at a very early stage of the process. So far we know it will be a First Person Shooter multiplayer and our art direction comes from the SteamPunk influence. **Nerd Alert** For those who care, we are using the SoftImage Mod Tool in conjunction with the UDK engine to create and upload our game to the world once ready.

Below are my first two submissions to the forums. The first being a few head shots and then my mind wandering off to my first weapon design. The second is a special class enemy robot.

Weapon Design


Spotter

I call these tall buggers Spotters. Once you are spotted by this bot three things happen before you are attacked by a horde of minion bots. First a siren sounds from its mouth calling attention to the group's location, simultaneously a light shines on the spotted member "flagging" the location of the group and finally a canister of steam is released causing a blinding effect making it hard to see which direction the minion is coming from.

That is all for now. As mentioned, I will be posting more as the art progresses. Feel free to take a gander at my friend David Mann's site too to see progress on his end.

No comments:

Post a Comment